Delicious sweet candy
India offers a wide variety of sweets to people. Among the traditional Indian sweets, Walnut and besan barfi is very famous in the country. The markets are flooded with delicious sweets and candies that can be distributed among friends and family members on special occasions and festivals including Diwali, Holi, Lohri and others.
If you are keen on make the barfi just while sitting at home, there are few steps that you would have to follow. The walnut and besan barfi is very easy to make, and it hardly takes 35-40 minutes to prepare it. After making the barfi, you can enjoy it with your friends and family members. The walnut and besan barfi would absolutely fit the bill and prove to be affordable as well.
Following are the ingredients that you would need to make walnut and besan barfi:
- 2 1/2 cups of besan, it should be sifted
- 4 tablespoon of edible oil
- 4 tablespoon of unsalted butter
- 1 cup of chopped walnuts, they must be chopped finely
- A pinch of cardamom Powder
- 250 gm of sweetened condensed milk
- In a non-stick pan, heat Oil and Butter.
- Add sifted Chickpea Flour, mix well and roast on a low flame, approximately 15 minutes (stirring continuously). Use a flat-bottomed steel bowl to break down lumps.
- Reduce flame to a simmer and add chopped Walnuts and Cardamom Powder. Mix well.
- Add Condensed Milk and mix until all ingredients are rightly incorporated.
- Immediately pour mixture onto a greased or parchment paper-lined baking tray.
- Using the flat-bottomed steel bowl (greased) or ladle, flatten the mixture into a thin (1/4 inch). If using parchment paper, place a second sheet over the mixture and flatten out using the steel bowl.
- Allow the Burfi to cool in the refrigerator for 15-20 minutes.
- Use a pizza cutter or knife to cut burfi into diamond or square pieces.
The walnut and besan barfi is ready to be served!