It is very essential to eat healthy to stay fit. For this, it is a must to eat a handful of dry fruits every day to add to the nutritional value of intake every day and also get required energy. Since dry fruits are rich sources of vitamins, proteins, minerals as well as fats, they keep one healthy and strong. Not only, health benefits, dry fruits also help in making one’s skin glow and become healthy. According to health experts, one should have a combination of certain nuts every day to meet daily nutritional requirement of the body.
Just as it is important for us to eat nuts, it is more required for sportsmen and athletes to have a combination of certain nuts daily to get energy. Containing just essential fats, dry fruits would not make anyone’s fat. They rather provide energy to one’s body and help in growth. Popularly called as a natural source of energy, nuts like walnuts, almonds, cashew nuts, Dates, peanuts as well as pistachios contain omega-3 fatty acids, which are good for health and not fattening.
There are several reasons why sportsmen must have dry fruits every day. Some of them are listed below:
- Dry fruits help in improving hemoglobin level, and so they are recommended to every athlete. Almonds help in formation of red blood cells thereby increasing one’s hemoglobin level.
- Vitamins, minerals, phosphorous, fiber and other nutrients present in dry fruits help in keeping one’s energy levels high. This is one of the main reasons why dry fruits are good for athletes as they provide energy to them to play the sport.
- Dry fruits also provide flexibility to muscles.
- Among all dry fruits, cashew nuts have zero-cholesterol level, and they help reducing one’s body’s cholesterol level. They also help in blood circulation.
- Eating almonds and cashews daily can help one prevent cancer.
- Rich in iron content, raisins are considered significant for bone formation. Moreover, having oxidant properties and containing Vitamin A, these dry fruits help in preventing weakening of vision.
So if you are a sports person and want to remain healthy and fit, eat dry fruits daily!