Like most nuts, cashews or kaju as they are known in Hindi, have several different uses. They are an excellent source of fibre and protein. The fat present in these nuts helps in protecting the heart apart from maintaining healthy levels of good cholesterol. Moreover, they help in controlling high blood pressure, migraines, soreness, muscle spasms and fatigue.
They can also be used for preparing many different kinds of snacks. Since they are rich in flavours, they can be eaten on their own, sugared or salted. Furthermore, when they are covered in chocolate, they taste delicious. One can even try to make masala kaju pakodas. Moreover, they can be ground into sauces or used as garnishes with several Indian dishes.
Masala Cashew pakoda is a great delicacy both in terms of cost and taste. They can be consumed as a light evening snack with some hot tea or be munched while on the move. In Tamil language, they are known as mundiri pakoda, given below is the recipe for the same.
- One cup of cashew nuts
- ¾ cup of Gram flour
- 2 tablespoons(heaped) of corn/rice flour
- One teaspoon of red chilli powder
- ¼ teaspoon of turmeric powder
- 1 small onion
- 2 green chillies
- A small piece of ginger
- 2 cloves of garlic
- Few mint leaves
- Few curry leaves
- Salt as per taste
- Oil needed for frying pakodas
- Finely chop the onions, ginger, green chillies, garlic, mint leaves, curry leaves.
- Add all the items chopped above to a mixture of corn flour, gram flour, cashew nuts, turmeric powder, red chilli powder and salt in a mixing bowl.
- First mix the above given products without adding any water to it, now start with adding little water so that the cashew nuts are uniformly coated.
- Take the oil in a pan and heat it to the desired temperature.
- Fry the masala coated cashew nuts until they become crisp.
- After taking it out of the pan put them on a kitchen tissue in order to absorb the excess oil.
- Garnish it with some fried curry leaves and serve it with some hot coffee or tea.
Enjoy Your Snacks any time of the day.