Kaju Katli, also known as Cashew barfi or Kaju ki mithai, is an Indian sweet which is made by cashew nuts, sugar and some other ingredients. The sweet is also available in kesar version which is tastier as well as exotic. It is one of the most expensive sweets in comparison to others. In the country, many people prefer distributing Kaju Katli to their friends and family members on various occasions and festivals as mostly everyone loves to eat it. Especially on the joyous occasion of Diwali and Raksha Bandhan, people distribute this sweet among acquaintances.
The main ingredients of Kaju Katli are cashews, cardamom powder, sugar and ghee. The exotic dessert is among the favorite sweets of Indians. If you are thinking to make this sweet at home, there is a very simple and easy procedure to follow to prepare it. You can go through the recipe written below to prepare delicious Kaju Katli for your friends and family members:
To prepare the sweet, you would need the following ingredients-
- 1 cup kaju (cashew nuts)
- ½ a cup sugar
- 1/4th cup of water
- 1/4th teaspoon of cardamom powder
- 1/4th teaspoon rose essence
Method to prepare the dessert is as follows-
- Soak the cashew nuts in water over night
- Drain and grind the cashew nuts to make a paste. It is advisable to use as little amount of water as possible.
- Make sweet syrup by boiling sugar and add it to the mixture.
- Put cashew nut paste in a sauce pan and add sugar syrup to it.
- One can also add ghee, cardamom powder and rose essence to the paste to make it tastier.
- Spread the paste onto a wooden or a marble surface.
- Cut into diamond-shaped pieces.
- Decorate the pieces with edible silver foil
Kaju Katli is now ready to serve and eat! You can store the dessert in air tight containers so that they have a long life.