Made using ground nuts and jaggery, chikki is a traditional Indian sweet. The markets are flooded with varieties of chikkis including the most famous kaju chikki. Other popular types of chikkis available in markets are til chikki, coconut chikki and flax seeds chikki. They are mainly prepared during festivals like Lohri and Diwali. People distribute dry fruit chikkisamong their friends and family members.
Just as the name suggests, Kaju Chikki is made of cashew nuts and jaggery. While one can easily find dry fruit chikkis at any departmental store, kaju chikki can also be prepared just while sitting at home. The recipe is simple and easy. You would need just few items to make kaju chikki. The best way is to blend the cashew nuts and jaggery to prepare chikki. Not only are they tasty but also good for health as dry fruits provide essential nutritive value to a person.
The following is the ingredients required to make kaju chikki:
- 1 cup of cashew nuts
- 3/4th cup of sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon of Elaichi Powder
- 1 tablespoon of ghee
Written below are the directions to prepare kaju chikki:
- Dry roast cashew nuts for a few minutes. Now, cut them into half.
- In a pan, add sugar and dissolve it on low or medium flame.
- When the sugar gets dissolved completely, add cashew nuts along with elaichi powder to eat. Stir the mixture well until it becomes thick and sticky.
- Now, turn off the gas and keep stirring the mixture.
- On the other side, apply oil on the kitchen platform.
- Pour the cashew nut mixture onto the platform and spread it by using your hands.
- Make sure that the mixture is spread evenly.
- Now, using a rolling pin cut the mixture into equal pieces.
- You should cut from one side standing line and then cut in sleeping line on the other side.
- Then, separate the pieces and store them in an air tight container.
Your crispy and tasty kaju chikki is ready to eat.