These days’ markets are flooded with variety of sweets, and one often get confused as to which one to buy to give to friends and family members. Even if you go out searching for a sweet for yourself, you would find a number of options to choose from. If you have a sweet tooth, you would undoubtedly love to have dry fruit chikki which is not only sugary but also full of energy and healthy for you.
Dry fruit chikki is popular and ready to eat sweet, which consists of dry fruits like almonds, pistachios and cashew nuts. Chikkis are made with groundnuts and jaggery available, at the market. People also make chikkis at home as they are easy to make. They are usually prepared during the harvest festival in northern India.
If you also want to make dry fruit chikki at home, you can follow the recipe written below:
You would need the following items to make dry fruit chikki: –
1) 1 cup chopped almonds
2) 1 cup chopped pistachios
3) 1 cup chopped cashew
4) 1/4 th cup grated jaggery
5) Saffron– soaked in milk
6) Edible oil
Method to prepare dry fruit chikki is as follows-
- Take a pan and put oil in it. Let it heat on a simmer.
- Now add grated jaggery to it
- Let the mixture blend
- When the mixture becomes thick, add dry fruits, including almonds, cashew nuts and pistachios to it.
- Now, add saffron to the mixture. Mix it well.
- When the mixture is heated well, it would start leaving the sides of the pan.
- Now on the other side, grease a plate and pour the mixture onto it.
- Let it cool.
- Cut it into pieces as you like.
The delicious as well as healthy dry fruit chikki is ready to serve and eat!
So now that you know how to make dry fruit chikki, give a surprise to your friends and family members by distributing it to them on any occasion. Let them also feel a little more special by seeing your effort!