Milk shakes must be an essential part of your daily diet. The ingredients of these shakes help us by providing the required daily intake of the essential nutrients, thus helping us prevent many deficiency diseases. These shakes are a healthier alternative to your evening snacks. For those conscious of their health and their diet, mentioned below are recipes for milk shakes which are bound to keep you healthy while keeping your calorie intake to a bare minimum.
Honey and Dry Fruit Milkshake:
- A cup of milk
- ½ cup of honey
- 1½ cup of unsweetened frozen strawberries
- ¼ cup of toasted wheat germ
- ¼ tsp. of almond extract
- 3-4 raisins
- 3-4 walnuts
- 3-4 cashew nuts
- Ice cubes
- To a jar add the milk, honey, strawberries, wheat germ and the almond extract. Blend them well to get the desired consistency.
- Cut the walnuts and the cashew nuts into pieces and add them to the milk shake.
- Serve it chilled
This milk shake can be enjoyed in the morning or after your daily workout. You can add yogurt to the milk shake to make a great smoothie. Wheat germ is being used to provide the milk shake with the desired texture. It can be replaced with ground flax. The amount of honey can be changed as per your taste.
Banana Dry Fruit Ice Cream Milk Shake
This is truly irresistible and is extremely easy to make. Bananas are said to have the carbohydrates in their simplest form ready to be absorbed by our body making it ideal to be consumed both in the morning and the evening to get the much required boost of energy.
- Banana 1
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- A cup of milk
- 2 scoops of vanilla ice cream
- 2 egg whites (optional)
- Dry fruits (raisins, cashew nuts, pistachio, almonds)
- Peel and chop the banana into pieces.
- In a blender add the chopped banana, vanilla extract, milk, vanilla ice cream, and egg whites. Blend them well.
- Chop the dry fruits into pieces and put them in the milk shake and serve it chilled.
If you are making the milk shake for the kids, then you need not to add the egg whites. You can even make it thicker by adding more ice-cream. It can be given a new form by adding one scoop of ice-cream while blending and another after completion.