Milkshakes are a healthier alternative to the store bought sugar laden artificial drinks, plus they are fun to make. In this hot season, anyone will love to have; a glass of this delicious milk shakes at their home. These milk shakes are healthy as well as refreshing and provide us with some essential minerals. Given below are the recipes for these refreshing drinks.
Banana almond milk shake: this milkshake is extremely popular due to its unique taste; it also works as a perfect and filling breakfast. This milkshake is packed with energy, which makes it an ideal way to start the day. The almonds added in the milkshake are great for boosting memory.
- 1 ripe banana
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 9-10 almonds
- Peel and slice the banana. You can also freeze the slices to get a creamier texture.
- Soak the almonds overnight. Peel their outer layer and blend them with the milk to get a uniform texture.
- In a jar put the almond milk, banana slices and the powdered cinnamon and blend well.
- Serve it chilled
If you feel that the milk shake is not sweet enough, then you can add either honey or sugar as per requirement. Furthermore, other dry fruits can be used apart from almonds. You can add raisins, cashew nuts, walnuts to the milk shake to get a nutty experience.
The second recipe is for Chikoo milkshake.
Chikoo or sapodilla is rich in dietary fibre and works best for weight loss and enzyme production. This fruit is also rich in iron hence helps in improving blood hemoglobin levels.
- Chikoo or sapodilla – 4
- Chilled milk – 1 cup
- Sugar as required
- Honey – 1 tablespoon
- Almond essence
- Few ice cubes
- Dry fruits
- Wash the ripe chikoo and remove their skin and seeds.
- Chop the fruit to pieces.
- Using a blender beat the sugar and the fruit.
- To the blended mixture, add milk, almond essence and honey.
- Whip it for a minute to get uniform consistency.
- Add the ice cubes, and transfer to a glass. Serve chilled.
You can also add some cashew nuts, walnuts, and almonds to this milkshake to provide it a nutty texture. To use, soak them in lukewarm water for about 30 minutes. After removing the skin from the almonds blend all the dry fruit with chikoo and the milk in the fourth step.