Milk shakes are one of the best and healthiest ways of beating the summer heat. They provide you with all the necessary nutrients in sufficient quantities while keeping the calories to a bare minimum, making it an essential part of your diet regimen. An average fresh fruit milk shake can be made even healthier by adding lots and lots of dry fruits. They not only provide you with sufficient quantities of dietary fibres but also several nutrients, which otherwise are not present in the fresh fruits. Here we tell you how to make some delicious milk shake using fresh fruits and dry fruits.
Mango Dry Fruit Milkshake
Summers can never be complete without mangoes. They are an excellent source of vitamin C and A. Everyone loves mango dry fruit milkshake.
- 1 ripe mango
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup sugar
- 3-4 almonds
- 4-5 cashews
- 3-4 pistachios
- 5-6 raisins
- 4-5 ice cubes
- Take the milk and pour it into a pan, to the milk add some chopped dry fruits and bring them to a boil.
- After boiling, cool the milk and blend it well with the dry fruits, and keep it aside.
- Peel the mango and cut it into moderately sized pieces.
- Now add the pieces of mango and sugar to the milk and blend it well.
- Serve the milk shake chilled by adding the ice cubes to it.
Make sure that you do not add mango to hot milk as it will not provide the desired results. Add mango pieces once the milk has been cooled. Moreover, you can add some mint to the shake to make it even more refreshing.
Kiwi Dry Fruit Milkshake
This fruit is rich in vitamin C and potassium.
- Ice – ½ cup
- Kiwi 1-2 ( you can use more)
- Sugar 1 Tbsp.
- Banana 1 (for thickening and taste)
- Almonds 3-4
- Walnuts 3-4
- Raisins 3-4
- Add kiwi, banana, sugar and milk to a jar and blend them well using a blender until you get the desired consistency.
- Chop the almonds and the walnuts and add them to the milk shake along with the raisins.
- Serve it chilled.
Those conscious of their sugar intake can replace it with honey to get the desired taste. To give it a twist you can also add some strawberries and yogurt. Dry fruits other than the ones mentioned above can be used.