If you want to remain strong and healthy and also not gain weight, then having soup is the best option. Having soup is the perfect way to begin the day. It would neither add to calories nor make anyone’s fat. Undoubtedly, soup is a great nutritious meal that can fill one’s tummy and also help one to shed those extra kilos. Especially in winter season, people can take vegetable-based soup in place of meals to get nutrients and energy.
Among all, creamy almond soup provides one with all the required nutrients that one needs to stay fit. It would provide you with key nutrients and also help you to get rid of excess fluid from the body. Almond soup is known to be a low-sodium meal. If you wish to make almond soup just while sitting at home, you can go through the following recipe and have a healthy meal!
Ingredients required to make creamy almond soup are listed below:
- 15-20 almonds
- 4 ½ cups of white stock
- 1 table spoon butter
- 1 table spoon plain flour
- ¾ cup of hot milk
- Almond essence
- Black pepper to taste
- Fresh cream
Method to make almond soup is as follows:
- Take sweet almonds and blanch them in boiling water so that the outer skin can be peeled off conveniently. Now put the white almonds in cold water.
- Keep 3-5 almonds aside and blend remaining in a mixer grinder along with some amount of white stock
- Chop the 3-5 almonds separately into slivers and make them crisp by baking them in the oven. Keep them aside for garnish.
- Take a deep pan and melt butter in it. Now add plain flour to it. Sauté them on medium flame just for few seconds.
- Add remaining white stock to it and simmer for nearly 8-10 minutes. You would have to stir the mixture continuously.
- Now add milk, salt, almond essence and pepper to the mixture. Stir well.
- Remove it from flame and add cream to it. Mix it well.
The soup is ready. Serve it hot and garnish it with almonds.