Everyone loves to have some chewy chocolate chip and walnut cookies with a glass of cold milk, and we normally do not stop with just one. So how can we get that chewy texture at home while making sure that the cookies maintain their shape and do not spread out flat?
The answer is rather simple, the secret lies in melting the butter before you use it and making sure that the sugar is either grained finely or is processed into powder form.
Granulated sugar cannot be easily dissolved and leaves some bits behind that are picked up while you bite into the cookie. Now, in order to make sure that the cookies are made perfect every time you might need to chill your cookie dough, which might even require popping it into the fridge between batches.
Another very big mistake that people do while making cookies is that they do not allow the cookie sheet to cool after they remove the cookies from the oven. If you are in a hurry you can even run it under cold water to remove the crumbs and cool it faster and lastly never over bake your cookies.
For making these delicious cookies you would need the following:
- Flour – 2½ cups
- Baking soda – 1tsp
- Salt – 1tsp
- Melted Butter – 1cup (225grams)
- Sugar – ¾ cup
- Brown sugar – ¾ cup
- Vanilla – 1tsp
- Large eggs – 2
- Chocolate chips – 2cups
- Chopped walnuts – 1cup
- Preheat the ovens to approximately 180C or 375F.
- Combine the baking powder, salt and flour in a bowl.
- Mix the sugars and melted butter in a large mixing bowl until it’s creamy. Now start adding eggs carefully, mix one egg at a time and scrapping after each egg.
- Beat the flour mixture and add chocolate chips and nuts to it, then continue mixing.
- Drop the mixture on an un-greased baking sheet using a round tablespoon. Make sure that you do not butter the sheets as the dough in itself contains sufficient quantities of butter to prevent it from sticking to the tray.
- Bake the cookies for about 9-11 minutes until they get golden brown. Cool the cookies for about two minutes while keeping them on the sheets once they are removed from the oven.