Badam (Almond) milkshakes are healthier than regular milkshakes since they contain more minerals and vitamins. It is easy to make several types of badam milkshakes at home.
Badam milk is rich in proteins, which helps in improving body growth making it a perfect health drink after workouts. It got a good amount of vitamin E, Selenium, Magnesium, Zinc, Calcium, Potassium, Iron and Phosphorus. For those who wish to lose weight, it is the perfect choice since it is almost fat free. Moreover, badam milk has low saturated fats and cholesterol, but it contains some amount of omega-3 fatty acids, which make it beneficial for your heart. It provides your body with all the essential nutrients thus helping in preventing any sort of deficiency diseases.
Mentioned below are two different versions of badam milk. One is an authentic Indian version while the second one is relatively westernized, but regardless of their type both are bound to be delicious and beneficial for your health.
Few popular Milkshake recipes are:
Kesar Badam Milkshake:
- 2 glasses of cold milk
- 10 almonds
- 2 pieces of green cardamom.
- 4 teaspoons of sugar
- 2-3 leaves of saffron
- Ice as required
- Soak the almonds overnight in lukewarm water.
- Dip the saffron in warm milk.
- Remove the outer layer of the almonds and blend them with the saffron, milk and sugar in a mixer.
- Grind the cardamom into a fine powder and add it to a glass along with some crushed ice.
- Pour the milkshake into the glass and serve it chilled.
Chocolate Almond Milkshake
The second recipe is with the flavor of Chocolate in Almonds.
This milkshake is best suited for kids who love the chocolate flavor in their milkshakes. Moreover, this milkshake works well as a dessert too.
- 1 cup milk
- 10 almonds
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 1 date pitted
- Ice cubes as required
- 1-2 tablespoon almond butter
- Soak the almond overnight in lukewarm water and remove the outer layer.
- Blend the almonds with the milk to obtain a smooth consistency.
- Now cut the frozen banana into pieces and add it to the almond milk.
- After banana add the cocoa powder, date and almond butter and blend it well until you get a smooth consistency.
- Serve it chilled.
There can be some more variations of the Chocolate Almond Milkshake. For instance, you can use Coconut oil instead of Almond butter, or you can use some real Chocolate instead of the Cocoa powder.