Mango Almond Milkshake is one of the favorite health drinks consumed in India during the summers. It is the best way to recharge your body. Very rarely would you come across a person who does not like mangoes or mango almond milkshake. While making this milkshake it is best to be choosy about the kind of mangoes being used. Try to avoid mangoes with a lot of fibre content and go for the juicier ones. Sweeter the mangoes, lesser is the amount of sugar required and healthier is the milkshake.
You can make your mango almond shake healthier by adding coconut jaggery or organic sugar. Only additional flavor which can be used in this recipe for the mango almond milkshake is cardamom and saffron. We have used saffron. If you wish to use cardamom powder, then you must blend it with the mango pulp in the beginning itself so that it mixes well.
- 2 alphonso mangoes
- 2 cups of milk
- 2 teaspoon of jaggery or sugar (optional)
- A pinch of saffron (optional)
- 14-15 almonds
- Dry fruits for garnishing (optional)
- Ice cubes as required
- Wash the mangoes carefully and peel them.
- Chop the pulp from these mangoes into several small pieces.
- Soak the almonds overnight and remove their peel.
- Along with the milk and the mango pulp add the almonds into the blender.
- Add the jaggery or the sugar depending upon the sweetness of the mangoes used.
- Add saffron.
- Blend the mixture till you get a smooth consistency and add ice to it.
- Add chopped dry fruits for garnishing.
- Also use a few strands of saffron for garnishing while you serve it
Oats, Date and Almond Milkshake
It works for a perfect breakfast drink and is rich in nutrients; it also helps in ensuring a healthy bowel movement.
- 1 cup of oats
- Nearly 10 seedless dates
- 2 tablespoon of honey
- 7-8 almonds
- 2 cups of cold milk
- In a pan dry roast the oats for a few minutes, and keep them aside.
- After cooing transfer them to a mixer and add half the almonds, chopped dates and grind it until they get powdered.
- Now add the milk and blend it again with honey to get a smooth paste.
- The result will be quite thick; you can add some water to it if you want to dilute it.
- Now add the remaining almonds to get the nutty taste.