Dry fruit and fruit shakes can be consumed in every season. In summers, you can go for a healthy iced shake while in winters you can go for the delicious hot ones. The dry fruits used in making these shakes are rich in iron and help in improving the hemoglobin levels of the blood.
Moreover, these milk shakes are a power house of energy and are perfect for consumption after workout. They are also rich in fats, which help in slowly releasing the energy into the body keeping it energised for a longer time. Given below are the recipes for two milkshakes the first one is well suited for winters while the second one for the summers.
Cardamom Almond Milkshake: This is a traditional Indian drink and due to the delicate flavor of the cardamom, it is savoured by everyone. This milkshake is rich in protein and dietary fibres. The given recipe is for four servings.
- 2 ½ cup of milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1 cup couscous (whole wheat or regular)
- 2 tsp. lemon zest (minced or grated or orange zest)
- 1 tsp. ground cardamom
- ½ – 1 tsp. rose water (optional)
- 1 cup of sliced almonds
- ¼ cup of shelled pistachios
- 1 cup dried apricot
- In a pot put almonds, milk and sugar and bring it to a boil.
- To the pot add zest, cardamom and couscous, cover it and let it cook for a minute.
- Turn off the heat and let it sit for nearly 5 minutes.
- Using a fork fluff the couscous.
- Sprinkle the rosewater if using.
- Add the apricots and the nuts and combine gently.
- Serve at room temperature or warm.
The second recipe is for Cashew Banana Shake.
This milk shake is rich in magnesium and absolutely cholesterol free. It is the perfect drink if you wish to have something creamy and cold during the monsoon.
- ¼ cup of cashew nuts
- ½ cup of milk
- 1 banana
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 5 ice cubes
- Put the cashew nuts in the blender, and to it add ½ cup of milk.
- Blend them together for nearly two minutes, or until you get a smooth consistency.
- Now peel the banana and cut into slices and add it to the blender, to it add the vanilla essence and blend.
- Add ice cubes to it and blends it until it gets creamy and thick.
Buy Best Cashews and Almonds at Quality Bazaar and get Free Home Delivery.