Everyone simply loves chocolates specially the ones loaded with almonds, raisins, hazelnuts and other dry fruits. Of course, they are expensive, which makes them difficult to be bought off the shelf every other day. However, what can be done to satiate your cravings for some of the best dry fruit chocolates available.
Simple, make them at home. Although it may seem to be a very laborious task but is rather easy, considering what you get at the end. The greatest advantage of making dry fruit chocolates at home is that you control the amount of crunchy dry fruit you get with each bite. It also gives you the freedom to flavor it according to your taste. Just follow the steps given below to make some of the best chocolates at your home:
- 2 tablespoons of cocoa butter
- 4 tablespoons of cocoa powder
- 6 tablespoons of drinking chocolate
- 1 teaspoon of flavouring agent (vanilla, orange, cinnamon, butter scotch etc.)
- Handful of assorted dry fruits and waffle wafers
- Using a sauce pan to melt the butter. Prefer unsalted white butter if you do not wish your chocolates to be a bit salty, if the mild salt does not bother you, then salted butter can also be used.
- To the melted, butter adds drinking chocolate and cocoa powder, and stir carefully preventing the formation of lumps.
- If the mixture feels a little hard to stir, then a small amount of milk can also be added to give it a smoother texture. Try to maintain the consistency while adding the milk.
- Continue stirring the mixture slowly until it gets sticky and thick.
- Now add some of your favorite flavoring agents. This step can be skipped if you like plain dark chocolates over flavored ones.
- Now add chopped dry fruits (cashews, almonds, peanuts) and wafers to make your own version of dry fruit chocolates. The amount of dry fruit can be varied as per your liking.
- Let the mixture set in greased moulds and put them into a refrigerator for about an hour.
After an hour your personalized chocolates are ready for consumption.