Almond milkshakes were once commonly consumed in the Middle East and the Europe. They are known for their nutritional benefits apart from the creamy texture and the nutty taste. They are an extremely rich source of fibre, protein, magnesium, vitamin E, manganese, selenium, potassium, zinc, phosphorus, iron, calcium and tryptophan. They also contain flavonoids, which prove to be beneficial when it comes to lowering the level of bad cholesterol.
Apart from their nutritional value, almonds also contain powerful antioxidants, which help in making our immune system stronger while inhibiting the growth of the free radicals. It is also known that finely ground almond has some prebiotic properties and can possibly help in improving the digestive health by increasing the number of beneficial bacteria in the stomach.
Almond milkshakes are known to be cholesterol free and might even have an effect in lowering the blood sugar levels. It has got a light flavor which is cherished by most.
Almond Date Milkshake
This milkshake is known for its iron content.
- ½ cup of pitted dates
- 2 tablespoon of warm water
- 2 ripe banana
- 1/8 teaspoon of fresh ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon of vanilla extract
- 2 cups of milk
- 12-14 almonds.
- Soak the almond in warm water overnight and remove the outer peel.
- Chop the pitted dates and soak them in the water for nearly 5 minutes to soften them, drain the water later on.
- Using a blender combine the almonds, dates, milk, banana, vanilla, nutmeg and ice cubes to get a smooth and rich consistency.
- Serve it chilled.
- You can also top it up with some nuts and raisins to provide a nutty feel.
Badam Pista Milkshake or Almond Pistachio Milkshake
- Two cups of chilled milk
- 1 cup of almonds (badam)
- ½ cup pistachios (pista)
- 1 pinch of cardamom powder
- Crushed ice
- Put the almonds and pistachios in a bowl
- To the bowl add boiling water and leave it for about an hour.
- Remove the outer layer of almonds and pistachios
- Divide them into two halves, finely chop the first half of the dry fruits and put the remaining dry fruits into a blender.
- Also add the milk to the blender along with the cardamom powder.
- Blend the mixture carefully to get an even consistency.
- Make it chilled using the crushed ice.
- Garnish it with the chopped dry fruits.